Effective date: March 26, 2020
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Children’s Privacy. Our Services are not designed or intended for use by children under the age of eighteen (18).
Information We Collect. We may collect certain information about you.
How We Use Your Information. How we may use the information we collect about you.
How We May Share Your Information. How we may share the information we collect about you with others.
How We Protect Your Information. We use reasonable physical, technical, and administrative safeguards designed to protect the security of personal information that we collect.
Communications with You. How we may communicate with you and your right to opt-out.
Linked Sites. Our Services may be accessed through certain websites.
Your Rights, Including Rights in California and Nevada. Depending on where you live, you may have certain rights with respect to your information.
How to Contact Us. You may contact us regarding the collection, use, disclosure, or security of your personal information by one of the means provided below. In contacting us, we may ask you to provide additional information.
U.S. USE ONLY AND INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
Our Services, including our platform, are not designed to attract children aged thirteen (13) and under. Further, you must be 18 or older to use our Services. We do not seek, or knowingly collect, personal information from children aged of 18 and under unless such information is provided by their parents or legal guardians in connection with our Services.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information You Give to Us. We collect personal information you choose to share with us when you use our Services, including our platform, to evaluate or purchase insurance products. We collect information from you when you establish an account with us. Such information includes contact information, like your name, e-mail address, residential address, telephone number, date of birth, as well as username and password. We also may collect medical information from you when you seek to purchase an insurance product, as well as certain financial information, such as credit card information, which we will route to our payment processors in connection with the purchase of an insurance product. If you employ our Services through an agent or representative, such as a financial advisor, we may collect information that you authorize your agent or representative to share. We may collect research and feedback information from you through online forms and social media platforms, by e-mail, over the phone, by mail, or in surveys.
Other Information We Collect. We may collect personal information about you when you visit our Website at covrtech.com, including contact information if you request a demo or employment-related information if you seek a job with us. We may collect connection and usage information, like domain names, browsing activity, forms or fields you complete or partially complete, search terms, whether you open an e-mail, content you view and the duration. We may collect your information from service providers to render our Services, including medical review, research, promotion of administration, and fraud prevention. Service providers may use such information for their operational purposes in order to provide their services to us to enable us to operate and provide our Services.
We may aggregate this data to help improve platform or website experience for users. If you apply for employment with us, we will collect your information for hiring-related purposes.
Information We Collect from Third Parties. We may collect information from third parties whom you authorize to share information, such as your financial advisor, or from APS retrieval sources for medical records, in connection with our Services.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use the personal information we collect about you in connection with our Services, such as and for your application and/or purchase of an insurance product. If you apply for employment with us, we will use your information for hiring-related purposes. If you request a demo from us on our website, we will use your information to fulfill your request. We may use your information to allow you to establish an account, and for us to confirm your account with us, and to help enable you to use our Services. We may use your information to deliver materials or information to you, or to give you notice of and/or resolve any problems that may arise in connection with our Services. We may use your information to respond to inquiries made by you, or for other customer service related reasons. We may use your information to provide you with information about our other Services to better understand your needs. We may use your information to improve the quality and/or your personal experience on our website or platform, and/or to analyze the success of our Services.
HOW WE MAY SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share the information we collect about you for business operations and in order to perform our Services for you. For instance, we may share your information with insurance carriers whose products you wish to purchase. We may obtain your information from service providers to render our Services, including medical review, research, promotion of administration, and fraud prevention. Service providers may use such information for their operational purposes in order to provide their services to us to enable us to operate and provide our Services.
We may share information we collect, as appropriate, with law enforcement to protect and enforce the legal rights, privacy, and safety of us or other users of our Services; to protect against possible fraud or other illegal activity; to respond to requests from government and other authorities; and/or to comply with legal processes.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We employ reasonable physical, technical, and administrative safeguards designed to protect the security of personal information that we collect in connection with our Website and our Services. These safeguards vary depending upon a variety of factors including the sensitivity of the information we collect and use. Despite all reasonable practices, no security method is infallible. We cannot guarantee the security of the networks, systems, servers, devices, and databases we operate, that are operated on our behalf, or which you employ to access our Website and our Services. Nor can we guarantee the security of third-party networks, including cellular networks and storage servers, used in connection with our Website and our Services.
If you believe that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised, please e-mail us at [email protected].
COOKIES, USE OF GOOGLE ANALYTICS, “DO NOT TRACK”
You can opt out of Google Analytics by installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-On. For information about and to install Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on, click here.
Do Not Track Signals
Certain web browsers provide users with an option by which you may have your browser send a “Do Not Track” signal to websites that you are visiting, advising the recipient websites that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. However, the way browsers communicate such “Do Not Track” signals is not yet uniform and, accordingly, our website does not take any action in response to such signals. In the event a final standard is developed and accepted, we may reassess how we should respond to such signals.
COMMUNICATIONS WITH YOU
Our Communications with You
We may use your personal information to contact you via direct postal mail and/or electronically to the extent such activity is permitted by law. This information may be used to help us and our commercial partners, co-sponsors and service providers deliver information to you, and for other purposes as are reasonably necessary to provide the services requested by you. You may opt out of receiving future mailings or other messages from us by following the instructions in the e-mail or other message you receive from us or by following the instructions set forth in the Opting In and Opting Out of Electronic Communications immediately below.
Opting In and Opting Out of Electronic Communications
At certain points where Personal Information is collected on our Website, there may be a box to indicate that you wish to receive certain information or communications from Covr. You may opt out of receiving electronic communications, such as e-mails from Covr at any time. In all of our electronic communications you will be given the opportunity to opt-out of receiving future communications.
You may also opt out or change your preferences by providing opt-out instructions – e.g. sending an e-mail to our Privacy Officer or by postal mail as provided below:
- Postal Mail: 401 W Front Street, Ste. 500, Boise ID 83702
- E-mail Privacy: [email protected]
Be sure to include the contact information we are using to communicate with you, such as your e-mail address, and let us know the specific types of communications you no longer wish to receive.
YOUR RIGHTS, INCLUDING RIGHTS IN CALIFORNIA AND NEVADA
If you have a question or would like to access and correct your personal information that you submitted to us when establishing your account, you may access, change, or delete the personal information in your account at any time by accessing your account.
If you prefer that we do not share personal information about you with our affiliates, or to nonaffiliated third parties, for marketing purposes, except as otherwise permitted or required by law, you may direct us not to do so by contacting us in the manners provided below. If you prefer that we do not direct market to you via our affiliates and nonaffiliated third parties through e-mail, postal mail, and/or telemarketing, you may direct us not to do so by contacting us in the manners provided below, or by sending a request by mail to the address below.
- Postal Mail: 401 W Front Street, Ste 500, Boise ID 83702
- E-mail Privacy: [email protected]
- Toll-free Number 844-430-2687
Depending on where you live, you may have certain rights with respect to your information. Please note that you may be located in a jurisdiction where we are not obligated, or are unable, to fulfill a request. In such a case, your request may not be fulfilled.
Rights of California Residents. California residents with rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), or their authorized agents, may click here to learn those rights and make for access or deletion requests.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information. California residents may opt out of the “sale” of their personal information. Covr does not sell your information.
Rights of Nevada Residents. Residents of Nevada may learn about their rights here.
Postal Mail: 401 W Front Street, Ste 500, Boise ID 83702
E-mail Privacy: [email protected]
You may review a .pdf version of this California Policy here.
Personal Information We Collect and Share, and for What Purpose
In the past 12 months, we may have collected and shared the following categories of personal information from or about users of our Website or Services.
We may also use or share de-identified information that is not reasonably likely to identify you for commercially legitimate business purposes.
Personal Information We Collect and Have Sold – Do Not Sell My Personal Information
California residents may opt out of the “sale” of their personal information. We do not sell your information under CCPA.
We obtain information from third parties, such as paramedical examiners, who in turn received such information from you, in connection with the application process for life insurance. Carriers may review lab results and APSs to determine eligibility for life insurance – disclosures that you have authorized as part of the application process.
Your Rights as a California Resident
Under CCPA, California residents have specific rights regarding their personal information as described below. These rights are subject to certain exceptions. We explain how you may exercise this right below.
- The Right to Disclosure of Information. You have the right to request that we disclose certain information regarding our practices with respect to personal information. If you submit a valid and verifiable request and we confirm your identity and/or authority to make the request, we will disclose to you any of the following at your direction: (i) the categories of personal information we have collected about you in the last 12 months, (ii) the categories of sources for the personal information we have collected about you in the last 12 months, (iii) our business or commercial purpose for collecting that personal information, (iv) the categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information, and (v) the specific pieces of personal information we collected about you. In addition, if we sold your personal information or disclosed it to a third party for a business purpose, we will provide a list of the personal information types that each category of recipient purchased. We explain how you may exercise this right below.
- Right to Deletion. You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. If you submit a valid and verifiable request and we can confirm your identity and/or authority to make the request, we will determine if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete a transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities;
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et seq.);
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information's deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research's achievement, if you previously provided informed consent;
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us;
- Comply with a legal obligation; and/or
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
If none of the above retention conditions apply, we will delete your personal information from our records and direct our service providers to do the same. We explain how you may exercise this right below. Please note that deletion of your information may affect your experience accessing or using our Website or Services.
- Right to Opt-Out of the Sale of Your Personal Information. As a California resident, you have the right to direct a business that sells your personal information to third parties not to sell your personal information. This right is referred to as “the right to opt-out.” We explain how you may exercise this right below.
- Right Against Discrimination. You may exercise your rights under the CCPA without discrimination. For example, unless the CCPA provides an exception, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services;
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties;
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services; or
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
We may offer you financial incentives to provide us with personal information that is reasonably related to the information’s value. This could result in different prices, rates, or quality levels for our products or services. Any financial incentive we offer will be described in written terms that explain the material aspects of the financial incentive program. You must opt-in to any financial incentive program and may revoke your consent at any time by contacting us as indicated below.
How To Exercise Your Rights Under the CCPA
To submit general questions or requests regarding this Privacy Notice or our privacy practices, please contact us at [email protected].
To submit a verifiable request under the CCPA to access or delete your information, please visit our online request portal and fill in the form by visiting here.
Alternatively, you may call us at this number: 844-430-2687
Please note that you if you choose to make a CCPA request, we will require certain information in order to verify who you are, including your name, account information, address, and telephone number. This information will be requested via the webform.
Direct Marketing Lists – California Shine the Light Law
California residents can also request a list of all the third parties to which we have disclosed certain personal information (as defined by California’s Shine the Light law) during the preceding year for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. California residents may contact us at 401 W Front Street, Ste. 500, Boise ID 83702
In the body of your request, you must include: “California Shine the Light Request”, your name, a current California address including, street address, city, state, and zip code, as well as sufficient information for us to determine if the law applies to you. You will need to attest to the fact that you are a California resident. We will not accept requests by telephone, e-mail, or facsimile, and we are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information.
Covr does not engage in the following activity, however Nevada law requires us to post the following: Nevada consumers may opt out of the sale of “covered information” for monetary consideration to a person for that person to license or sell such information. “Covered information” includes first and last name, address, e-mail address, phone number, Social Security Number, or an identifier that allows a specific person to be contacted either physically or online.
If you are a Nevada resident who has purchased goods or services from Covr, You may submit a request to opt-out of any potential future sales under Nevada law by e-mailing us at [email protected]. Please use “Nevada Do Not Sell” in the subject line. Note we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity and the authenticity of the request. Once verified, we will maintain your request in the event our practices change.